We will be what is known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. We only intend to collect basic personal data about you, which does not include any special, or sensitive, types. This does may therefore include your name, address, email, phone number, chassis number and vehicle identification number (‘VIN’).
You may contact DENSO at any time regarding the use of your personal data, via email@example.com . The contact for the General Data Protection Officer (‘DPO’) is firstname.lastname@example.org. The contact for the Italian Data Protection Officer is email@example.com.
- WARRANTIES AND INDEMNITIES
- DEFINITION OF PERSONAL DATA
- PERSONAL DATA ABOUT YOU
- WHY WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- CAREER PAGES
- WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS
- THIRD PARTY LINKS
- LINKS TO EU SUPERVISORY AUTHORITIES WHERE OUR GROUP COMPANIES ARE LOCATED
Warranties and Indemnities
The material in these websites has been prepared for informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a commercial offer. No rights whatsoever can be derived from the data contained in these websites.
DENSO expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind related to these websites, including but not limited to any warranty over its use, content or maintenance, any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement, or any expressed or implied warranties arising from any course of dealing, usage or trade practice.
DENSO assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any damages to or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing these websites, or your downloading of any materials, images, content, data, video or audio files, etc. from these websites.
Definition of Personal Data
Personal Data refers to any information that may be used to identify an individual. This may include a first and last name, a home or other physical address, a telephone number or an email address or any information that uniquely identifies the individual. Personal data can consist of one piece of information (e.g. an ID number) or combinations of different types of information (e.g. surname + job title).
Personal Data About You
You may provide us with personal data in various ways, for example by filling in forms on our website(s), Apps or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you use our websites, send us a request, enter into a contract for the supply of products or services, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The personal data you provide may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and other information about yourself relevant to enable us to provide you with our services or our answer. More specifically, we may ask you to provide the following personal data:
a) Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, or completing contact forms requesting further services related to our products (e.g. repair order form or other contact forms). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with/using our website;
b) If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
c) We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
d) Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfilment of your orders;
e) When you visit our website(s) we may automatically collect information about your computer, including your IP address, information about your visit, your browsing history, and how you use our website. This information may be combined with other information you provide to us, as described above;
f) Information that you provide to us in relation to product reviews that you submit to our website;
g) Personal data provided if you use any of the other websites that we, or our Group Companies, operate or the other services we provide.
We may also gather or receive personal data about you if we conduct any public road user recordings, in order to develop or improve driver assistance technology, or driverless technology. At all times, DENSO observes the appropriate notifications, and internal procedures (including any necessary privacy risk assessments). We publish any associated Privacy Notices for these activities on this website. We also ensure that any third parties that we instruct are also covered by the appropriate contractual agreements under EU law.
We may also gather or receive personal data about you from vehicle analytical data passed to us via your car dealer or service agent. This is mainly in the form of your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), so that we can analyse the efficiency/performance of our components.
Why We Need Your Personal data
We need personal data about you generally in connection with the following purposes:
Fulfilling any of your requests:
- to provide you with the information, products or services that you are requesting;
- to complete any transaction you are undertaking with DENSO;
- to administer any promotion or competition that you enter via our website(s)
- Based on your consent, to provide you with updates and information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased
Service improvements and account management:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to properly administer our website and for operational business administration and updates, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to notify you about changes to our service and to send you service emails relating to your account
- in order to improve or develop safer, more efficient, environmentally-friendly and more cost-effective products, for the end-products and services that you use;
- to improve and develop mobility options for your existing and developing needs
How We Use Your Personal data
1) We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- With your consent
- When we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you
- Where it is necessary for our Legitimate Interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where We need to Comply with a Legal or Regulatory Obligation
2) We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Where We Store Your Personal data
The transmission of information via the Internet is never 100% secure. Though we cannot 100% guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site, and we will do our best to protect your personal data, any transmission provided to us via the Internet is ultimately at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. All information you provide to DENSO is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
How Long We Keep Your Personal data
We observe all legal, and otherwise industry-accepted reasonable retention periods for your personal data. These periods can also be shorter, for example, if you notify us that you no longer wish us to keep this personal data. They can also be longer, if there is a legal requirement or otherwise legally acceptable exception. In all cases, we will never keep your information longer that strictly necessary under (national or EU) law or for the execution of the activities and obligations arising from any relevant legal agreement.
If you already are a Client, we would like to use your name and email address to inform you of our future offers and similar products. This information is not shared with third parties except and is not meant for other purposes. As a regarded Client, you can unsubscribe at any time by contacting us (via phone or sending an email) or by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you.
Through the career pages we seek to recruit new personnel for our organization. The career pages collect a variety of personal data, such as name, date of birth, correspondence address, e-mail address, telephone number, and other information from you. The personal data provided by any eligible applicants on the application form will reviewed by our Human Resource Department and/or recruitment partner. The Human Resource Department and/or recruitment partner, will also confirm receipt of the application.
What Are Your Rights
If you contact us to exercise a right, we will complete it within the usual 1-month time frame legally required, unless the request is exceptional. Please consider that we will be able to satisfy deletion requests only if we are not obliged to keep that information under national or EU legislation or reason of public interest.
For any queries on how we have handled personal data, or to have the matter investigated: firstname.lastname@example.org .
At all times, Data Subjects have an absolute right to refer matters about how we process your personal data to your local Data Protection Authority.
Links To EU Supervisory Authorities Where our Group Companies Are Located
Germany (multiple options)