FSA & HSA Tax Savings Accounts
Tax Savings Accounts Overview
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Open an HSA with OptumBank
2022 HSA Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for a HSA in 2022, you must satisfy all of the following requirements:
1. Enrolled in the OpenRoad medical plan in 2022.
2. Not enrolled in a Health Care FSA in 2022 or have a rollover from 2021.
3. Not enrolled in Medicare.
4. Not eligible to be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s tax return.
5. Not covered by any of the following insurance or accounts (for more details, see IRS Publication 969):
- Spouse or domestic partner’s non-Qualified High Deductible Health Plan (non-QHDHP) health plan
- You or your spouse’s health care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) TRICARE or TRICARE for Life
- You or your spouse’s/domestic partner’s Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA)
- Medical coverage by a non-QHDHP
- Any Veterans Affairs benefits used within previous three months
- National health insurance provided by foreign countries while an expatriate