DENSO Facilities Across North America Recognized by Toyota for Quality Performance
Jul. 21, 2017 News Releases
SOUTHFIELD, Mich. – Toyota presented three DENSO facilities with Excellent Quality Performance Awards at its 2017 Supplier Business Meeting, recognizing each facility among the company’s top-performing suppliers. Several more facilities across North America received Certificates of Achievement for exceeding expectations across several key performance metrics.
Toyota bestows quality performance awards upon top suppliers who achieve high levels of performance in Zero Mileage Quality, Mass Production Delivery Performance, Service Delivery Performance, and Warranty Performance. Eligible suppliers must meet all relevant targets in each area throughout the calendar year to be considered.
“DENSO strives to provide the highest quality products that deliver consistent and reliable performance,” said Ben Luppino, vice president of Toyota Sales Group at DENSO International America, Inc. “This recognition is a nod to the tireless effort of our employees across the continent to uphold the DENSO brand promise.”
DENSO facilities receiving 2017 Toyota Excellent Quality Performance Awards include:
- DENSO Manufacturing Arkansas in Osceola, Arkansas (SPARC)
- DENSO Manufacturing Tennessee in Maryville, Tennessee (Body Electronics Division)
- DENSO Air Systems Mexico in Ciudad Frontera, Coahuila, Mexico
The following received Certificates of Achievement for quality performance:
- ASMO Manufacturing Michigan in Battle Creek, Michigan
- ASMO Manufacturing North Carolina in Statesville, North Carolina
- ASMO Manufacturing Texas in Ennis, Texas
- DENSO Air Systems Michigan in Battle Creek, Michigan
- DENSO Logistics Texas in Laredo, Texas
- DENSO Logistics California in Vista, California (DENSO Logistics and GNC)
- DENSO Manufacturing Tennessee in Athens, Tennessee (F/I Division)
- DENSO Manufacturing Tennessee in Maryville, Tennessee (S/A Division and E/P Division)
- DENSO Manufacturing Canada in Guelph, Ontario, Canada
- DENSO Mexico in Silao, Guanajuato, and Guadalupe City and Apodaca, Nuevo Léon, Mexico
About DENSO in North America
DENSO is a leading global automotive supplier of advanced technology, systems and components in the areas of thermal, powertrain control, electronics and information and safety. With its North American headquarters located in Southfield, Michigan, DENSO employs more than 23,000 people at 28 consolidated subsidiaries and 4 affiliates across the North American region. Of these, 25 are manufacturing facilities located in the United States, Canada and Mexico. In the United States alone, DENSO employs more than 17,000 people in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Iowa, Georgia, Kentucky, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. DENSO’s North American consolidated sales totaled US$9.6 billion for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2017. For more information, go to www.denso.com/us-ca/en. Connect with DENSO on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DENSOinNorthAmerica.
About DENSO Worldwide
DENSO Corp., headquartered in Kariya, Aichi prefecture, Japan has more than 200 subsidiaries and affiliates in 38 countries and regions (including Japan) and employs more than 150,000 people worldwide. Consolidated global sales for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2017, totaled US$40.4 billion. Last fiscal year, DENSO spent 8.8 percent of its global consolidated sales on research and development. DENSO common stock is traded on the Tokyo and Nagoya stock exchanges. For more information, go to www.denso.com, or visit our media website at www.denso.com/global/en/news/media-center/