DENSO Updates Visitor and Travel Policies
Policy changes emphasize COVID-19 testing, prioritize employee health and safety
SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (Feb. 1, 2021) – DENSO, a leading mobility supplier, today announced changes to its North American visitor and travel policies as business and personal travel increases in the region. DENSO has made the updates to reflect the latest COVID-19 guidelines and best practices, and to put employee safety first.
All changes are effective today, Feb. 1.
Visitor Policy: International Visitor Testing Requirement
- International visitors must present a COVID-19 test showing no infection before they can enter a DENSO facility. Tests must have been taken within three days of departure from home country.
- International visitors with an extended stay are recommended to test again three to five days after arrival.
Travel Policy: Return to Work Testing Requirement
- In addition to following local return to work procedures, employees must present documentation of a negative COVID-19 test result after an international business trip. Testing must be no more than 72 hours before departure for home country.
- Testing again within three to five days after arrival home is recommended.
Travel Policy: Personal Travel
- Before returning to work after personal international travel, employees must follow local return to work procedures, including presenting documentation of a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 72 hours before departure for their home country.
- DENSO recommends testing again three to five days after arrival, and encourages working from home for seven days post-travel, if possible.
Travel Policy: DENSO North America Expatriates
- With approval from Senior Director or above, DENSO may send new expatriates to other countries under these conditions:
- Host country is at level two or lower, per CDC Guidelines;
- Host country confirms sufficient infrastructure and public service is open and available for a safe and smooth settlement.
- Exceptions may be made with Senior Director approval for business critical reasons.
- Expatriate must follow any requirements from host country and host company, at minimum:
- Receive negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours of departure for host country, and
- Receive COVID-19 negative test result or quarantine for seven days after arriving in host country.
While these are critical updates that promote safe and responsible travel, most of DENSO’s North American employees who can work remotely still do so. This helps reduce site populations, which enhances DENSO’s additional safety measures for those who need to work onsite.
As since the start of the pandemic, DENSO continues to review and adjust its policies to meet the changing circumstances of the situation and best protect its employees.
Go here to see how else DENSO has responded to and joined the fight against COVID-19.
DENSO is a $47.6 billion global mobility supplier that develops advanced technology and components for nearly every vehicle make and model on the road today. With manufacturing at its core, DENSO invests in its 200 facilities to produce thermal, powertrain, mobility, electrification, & electronic systems, to create jobs that directly change how the world moves. The company’s 170,000+ employees are paving the way to a mobility future that improves lives, eliminates traffic accidents, and preserves the environment. Globally headquartered in Kariya, Japan, DENSO spent 9.9 percent of its global consolidated sales on research and development in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2020. For more information about global DENSO, visit https://www.denso.com/global.
In North America, DENSO is headquartered in Southfield, Michigan, and employs 27,000+ engineers, researchers and skilled workers across 51 sites in the U.S, Canada and Mexico. In the United States alone, DENSO employs 17,700+ employees across 14 states (and the District of Columbia) and 41 sites. In fiscal year ending March 31, 2020, DENSO in North America generated $10.9 billion in consolidated sales. DENSO is committed to advancing diversity and inclusion inside the company and beyond – a principle that brings unique perspectives together, bolsters innovation and pushes DENSO forward. Join us, and craft not only how the world moves, but also your career: densocareers.com. For more information, go to https://www.denso.com/us-ca/en/.