|And then there were four ...
We have contested the top spot in the world autoparts industry closely for several years with our rival, Robert Bosch GmbH. Now, Ford Motor Company and General Motors Corporation have organized their extensive autoparts operations as integrated operating units. That makes us "one of the four largest" autoparts makers in the world, instead of "one of the two largest." And megamergers among other big suppliers continue to spawn additional global competitors.
In other words, competition is heating up.
We are moving aggressively to cope with escalating competition and reinforce our position at the pinnacle of the autoparts industry. To do that, we are...
- Redeploying resources strategically through our revamped organization
- Expanding our capabilities for developing and manufacturing products locally in each principal market
- Absorbing the starter and alternator operations newly acquired from Magneti Marelli
- Reasserting our identity as a supplier to the entire automobile industry.
DENSO fulfills the conditions for competing successfully in the top tier of the autoparts industry:
- Large sales volume
- Global scope
- Leading-edge technological capabilities
- Solid balance sheet
We also remain alert to opportunities for augmenting our operations through strategic acquisitions, as in our recent transaction with Magneti Marelli.
We are getting a head start on the 21st century.
I DENSO HOME I TOP I BACK I NEXT I------------ DENSO CORPORATION